Wednesday, August 24, 2011

good grief, it's been two years!

When I started this blog I felt I needed an outlet for my menopausal musings, a place to record my hormonal findings, and basically, just a place to say my piece.  I like to tell my story.  But life got in the way, as it often does, and here we are two more years into my fabulous menopause, and I have lived through so many changes.  I just haven't documented them.  I feel every woman can tell a story that will help another woman somewhere in the world.  And believe me, the highs and lows have been quite a challenge, but I have found a fabulous balance, and I will share that in the next post.

On a side note, my uncle died today.  He was 68 years old.  He would have been 69 this December.  Another of my uncles (I am fortunate enough to have three!) called to give me the news.  Then I called my mom, and my heart broke for her.  This giant of a man, who survived multiple strokes 7 years ago, and has had some struggles since, who gave us all so much, who was always a shining light in my life, is gone.  And I miss him terribly.  

Good-bye Lee, I will be looking for your rainbow!

No comments: